Aquaschool provides 1-to-1 lessons for children at all levels. Each child is unique in the way they learn and learning to swim should always be fun!
In addition to stroke technique, we teach key aquatic skills necessary for your child to gain confidence in the water.
Swimming is a life skill and a wonderful gift to be able to offer your child. There are many benefits to swimming but here are 5 good reasons:
- Lessons provide children with confidence, which is great for self-esteem
- Your child will learn about water safety in and around water
- Swimming is a great way to exercise and once learned, will last a lifetime!
- Earlier development of physical skills including hand-eye coordination and muscle tone
- Enhances social and personal skills
Swimming lessons are also extremely beneficial for children over the age of four as it enhances their knowledge of safety around water, while improving their skills and stroke development.
Children’s lessons are 30 minutes in length and specific skills are addressed at each class. Progress is individual and at least one lesson per week is recommended. It is always a good idea to have an additional swim session with your child during the week to gain confidence and to practice any new skills that have been covered.
What you will need:
- A close-fitting swim suit. No board shorts for boys as they can cause a lot of drag in the water.
- A swim hat (fabric or silicone).
- Goggles (these are not compulsory but can be useful for younger children to encourage aquatic breathing).
Copyright Aqua School 2019